List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Apply Filter Action
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-02-29 20:21:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Resent because the first try didn't make it.]

On Saturday 28 February 2004 21:47, Otto Bruggeman wrote:
> On Saturday 28 February 2004 20:45, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> > On Samstag, 28. Februar 2004 12:09, Otto Bruggeman wrote:
> > > I looked into this because i had a filter defined that would
> > > match on "\[Bug [\d]+ \].*" and then file into folder trash but
> > > it seems to apply only the action, that is it moves everything to
> > > trash even if it does not match the filter.
> > >
> > > So is this a bug or a feature ?
> >
> > Hi, IIRC you're running CVS HEAD. Can you select Tools -> Filter
> > Log Viewer.. in the KMail menu? Please activate the logging (a
> > checkbox called Log filter activities) and try to apply the filter.
> > You can check the output in the log viewer to get an idea what
> > rules are checked and what's the result of the rules.
>
> After a long discussion with Andreas on IRC we came to the conclusion
> that everything works as implemented. What i want is simply not
> implemented, i want an adhoc filter that does filter and then apply
> the action depending on the outcome of the filter. This is what i
> expected from the name of the menu entry which is Apply *Filter*
> Action

See my other reply. The menu entry is Apply Filter *Actions* on purpose.

> and the way the filter actions are shown in the menu, this is
> the name of the filter as in the filter dialog where you can also
> define the conditions for the filter to match on. But since this is
> not implemented as i want it i'll hack on it this weekend and have
> hopefully a patch by tomorrow evening.

Thanks for looking into it. It should be fairly easy. Simply look at how
it's done in
int KMFilterMgr::process( KMMessage * msg, FilterSet set )
and then do the same in
int KMFilterMgr::process( KMMessage * msg, const KMFilter * filter ).

> I'll simply implement the
> matching before it conditionally executes the action. I'll implement
> it so that people who want the old behaviour can simply attach a
> bogus filter rule to it like size >= 0 or so.

Filters with empty filter rule match always (since KDE 3.2). There's no
need anymore for a filter rule like "size >= 0".

Regards,
Ingo