List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: log for the processing of filters in KMail
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-15?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-02-15 23:15:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 15 February 2004 10:13, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> I want to inform you that I'm working on a filter log for KMail.
> Information about evaluated (resp. matching) filters as well as about
> triggered actions is collected while KMail is running.

Very nice.

> I've also prepared a log window where you can watch the log in real
> time.
>
> The support is still basic, i.e. no saving yet, no size limit for the
> log, no deactivation. But I think it's already quite usefull, so I'll
> commit my work today or tomorrow. I plan to continue working on this
> issue to have a powerfull filter logging ready when KDE PIM 3.3 is
> released.

Comments:
- The log window is always on top of the main window. :-(
- The verbosity needs to be configurable, e.g. I only want to know which
filter matched and which actions were applied.
- It's hard to see where filtering the next message starts. I guess
inserting a FilterLog::instance()->add( "--------------------------" );
at the right place would suffice.
- The background of the log window should be white (or more precisely
the default background color).

> For those who can't wait until my commit I append a diff against
> current cvs.

Which didn't really help much without the new files. ;-)

Regards,
Ingo