List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: possible security problem in kmail 1.6
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       2004-02-15 20:59:24

Andreas Pour wrote:

[ ... ]

> Understood.  But then in order to avoid deceiving the user, that KMail in fact
> is closed, I strongly urge you to leave a window open which states what KMail is
> doing (if the main window has been closed), prioritize doing the essential tasks
> (such as writing folder indices) and if the progress window is forced to close
> that you immediately abort.

Another suggestion:  flag that you are in shutdown mode and if you get a new
connection, put up a dialog that a current session is shutting down and to be
patient and then 'exec' a new KMail once the shutdown has been completed.

--
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely
believe they are free.