List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: possible security problem in kmail 1.6
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-02-15 17:57:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

I'm subscribed to kmail-devel. So please take the time to remove my
address if you use reply-to-all. Thanks.

On Sunday 15 February 2004 18:23, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Sunday 15 February 2004 18:16, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > That's correct. The running instance of KMail doesn't quit until
> > the pending send has been finished.
>
> What happened to that passive popup that is shown when all main
> windows are closed, but kmail is still busy doing something?

It was never shown when KMail is still sending. It will be shown after
sending is finished because the clean up process won't start before.

> I've noticed as well that in some cases kmail just never quits, and
> even the passive popup with the progress bar is gone.
>
> One case where this seems to happen is when you shut down your dialup
> connection and later exit kmail. Kmail seems to continue trying to
> check for new mail, and since the connection timeout is longer than
> the polling intervall, it does that endlessly without ever quitting
> again.

Hmm, that's possible. Please file a bug report if you've verified the
reproducibility of this bug.

Regards,
Ingo