List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: possible security problem in kmail 1.6
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-02-15 17:16:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 15 February 2004 16:41, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> George Staikos pointed out that KMail probably never really exits in
> this scenario and that "restarting kmail" most likely just re-uses
> the still running instance thanks to KUniqueApplication.

That's correct. The running instance of KMail doesn't quit until the
pending send has been finished. This means that although no KMail
window is visible anymore KMail is still sending the message. Any other
behavior like aborting the send would be plain stupid. So if you
"restart" KMail before sending is finished the still running instance
will be re-activated. Of course, the still running instance still has
all cached passwords in memory.

Regards,
Ingo