List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Architectural problems shown by the anti spam wizard
From:       Wolfgang Rohdewald <wolfgang () rohdewald ! de>
Date:       2004-02-02 22:34:37

On Saturday 31 January 2004 09:53, Don Sanders wrote:
> Ideally I would hope that using spam filtering would just be a case of
> clicking a checkbox to turn on spam filtering, and accepting the
> suggested spam tool.

Please consider the case where many mails can be filtered right away
because the user knows they cannot be spam. As long as downloading
mail is not asynchronous it is a PITA to wait for pyzor etc for every
mail, so I only apply the spam filter for part of all mail. I have at
least 20 filters before spamassassin because those mails would
never be spam.

Maybe your check box could add a filter in front of all others and
then the user can move it to the right place. As long as this spam
filter exists anywhere in the chain, the checkbox stays on.

--
Wolfgang