List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Anti Spam Wizard
From:       Andreas Gungl <Andreas.Gungl () osp-dd ! de>
Date:       2004-01-28 15:51:52

Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 January 2004 00:00, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
>>[ sa-learn produces non-usable output for pipe through ]

Thank you, Ingo, for pointing this out.

>>Independent from this fix I think we should make KMail a bit more smart
>>and ignore the output of the pipe-through filter action in case it's
>>obviously no message. I think checking for a valid non-empty header
>>should be okay.

You're right, this would be an improvement and would certainly help
people who set up a "pipe through" filter and got their messages
destroyed this way.

> "execute command" should probably work as well.

Hm, I guess I have to test it. Up to now I've tested only the
classification with Bogofilter via "pipe through", that's the reason why
the classification for SpamAssassin is still disabled in the config file.
Perhaps it's better to define that the classification commands are not
used as "pipe through" but as "execute command". I could make the
changes on Friday evening if nobody proofs this assumtion wrong.

BTW, if anybody of you wants to see another tool supported by the
wizard, please feel free to adjust kmail.antispamrc or let me know so
that I can make the change.

I'm not copmpletely satisfied with how the toolbar actions are
supported. It basically works, but there are some issues who make the
current solution a dirty hack. I'll try to explain the reasons in a
separate message.

Andreas