List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Idea for KMail
From:       Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe () softhome ! net>
Date:       2004-01-22 18:12:30

I just set up an account for somebody using Outlook XP (the first I've seen
it).  I noticed a great improvement over previous versions of Outlook, which
I think would be very beneficial to have in KMail.

On the Add/Modify account page, after you enter all of your information, you
can click a "Test Account Settings" button, which checks that it can connect
to the POP3 server, list messages, send a message through your SMTP server,
etc.  I'm a bit wary of the sending a test message - it's probably sending
something to something@microsoft.com and recording who's using Outlook, but
you could just send a friendly i18n()ized test message to the user's own
E-Mail address.

It's sure a lot handier than entering everything, and then testing things
manually.

Vertu sæll,

--
Sigþór Björn Jarðarson (Casey Allen Shobe)
http://rivyn.livejournal.com