List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: syntax highlighting on RichText
From:       JES <yez () home ! nl>
Date:       2004-01-05 8:27:23

On Monday 05 January 2004 01:50, Don Sanders wrote:
> On Monday 05 January 2004 08:29, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > On Sunday 04 January 2004 23:26, JES wrote:
> > > If text in composing messages can be coloured by the user, how
> > > should spelling highlighting act ?
> > > Should it act as with PlainText, which means there is no
> > > difference between (red) coloured words and misspelled words ?
> >
> > IMO for now we can continue using the red color for marking
> > misspelled words.
>
> Does anyone object if we don't support coloring of text for HTML
> editing?
Would be a pity not to support a feature, but first some issues have to be
solved then I guess.

> BTW JES from the osnabrueck IRC meeting yesterday I got the impression
> that the HTML editing patch is in high demand and if there are no
> known bugs it should be possible to commit it as soon as HEAD is open
> for new feature commits again. Which I hope should be in about a
> month:
Well, the things that would be buggy, I disabled :-)
That would be the Spellchecker and the spelling highlighting.
Further, I haven't tested encrypted messages.
Everything else seems to work fine.

Regards,
Edwin.