List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: KMail annoyance
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-13 17:19:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 13 December 2003 17:14, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Sat December 13 2003 16:58, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > I didn't knew about this function. But the problem is that it's
> > impossible (with the KMessageBox API) to get this in sync with the
> > setting in the Composer->Attachments section of the configuration
> > dialog because there is no KMessageBox::resetDontShowAgainYesNo()
> > method which would remove the config entry in case the user
> > re-enables the attachment warning. Of course we can manually delete
> > the corresponding entry from the "Notification Message" group, but
> > then we can as well simply read the corresponding entry and don't
> > need to call KMessageBox::shouldBeShownYesNo() just to check
> > whether there is an entry. The lack of reset... methods is IMO a
> > flaw in the API. Should I prepare a patch which adds these methods?
>
> There is void enableAllMessages(), I will add
> 	void enableMessage(const QString &dontShowAgainName)

Thanks. While looking at enableAllMessages() I noticed that it doesn't
use againConfig but that it always uses KGlobal::config(). Furthermore
I'd like the @internal mark to be removed from
setDontShowAskAgainConfig(KConfig* cfg) (so that we, the PIM
developers, can be sure that it won't be removed behind our backs ;-)).
I just noticed that we have to call
setDontShowAskAgainConfig(kmkernel->config()) in KMail so that even in
case the user is running Kontact the "Notification Message" group in
kmailrc is accessed.

Regards,
Ingo