List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: KMail annoyance
From:       Till Adam <till () adam-lilienthal ! de>
Date:       2003-12-13 8:34:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 13 December 2003 03:46, Casey Allen Shobe wrote:
> Martin Köbele (fös, desember 12 2003 19:16)
>
> > what is the problem? you can switch it off in the configuration-dialog:
> > Configure...->Misc -> Attachments
>
> The problem is that I, as a KMail user, don't know where to look for such
> silly options and didn't even know it was an option until it was mentioned.
>
> The problem, moreover, is the default enabling, not the feature itself I
> suppose.  I've switched it off now.

I think maybe the problem is not so much with the feature as a whole but with
the word "patch" being included in the default word list. It causes false
positives and non-developers don't know what the hell it is. "attachment" etc
are not as critical in that respect.

In short, I think the feature is fine and not annoying, provided the word
"patch" is removed from the default word list. Developers can easily add it
again.

Till