List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Reply behavior in KMail
From:       "Carsten Burghardt" <carsten () cburghardt ! com>
Date:       2003-12-01 12:03:04

Marc Mutz sagte:
> On Sunday 30 November 2003 13:53, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> <snip>
>> Dear fellow core developers: Please take the time to read the thread
>> "Ideas on Reply-To-List" on kmail@kde.org and then make your
>> decision:
>>
>> [ ] Revert to the KDE 3.1 behavior where Reply always used the value
>> of the Reply-to header
>> [ ] Keep the current behavior where Reply works as Reply to Sender
>> [ ] Abstention
> <snip>
>
> Since it looks like we're still 2 months from KDE 3.2, and this change
> of behaviour is very controversial, I'd choose:
>
> [x] Violate the string freeze and implement the Reply tool button as a
> drop-down with the following contents:
>
> Reply (R or SHIFt-R) <- intelligent: to-list if list (always, not only
>                           on reply-to-mangling), to author else
> + Reply to All (A)
> + Reply to Mailing-List (L)
>
> This is adding a single string "Reply To Author". I guess translators
> will be able to cope with that...
>
> I don't have an opinion on which of the two actions "reply" and "reply
> to author" gets the R shortcut and which one gets SHIFT-R, though.

Good idea but if we take this way we have to make it clearer that the
Reply-Action is an 'intelligent'-reply that combines Reply to Mailing-List
and Reply to Author. Otherwise you'll probably get confused about the
difference.
If we want to violate the string freeze I'd vote for this solution,
otherwise I'd revert to the behaviour of 3.1 as the current behaviour is
not intuitive.

Carsten