List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Bugs/wishes overview
From:       Aaron Seigo <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-11-26 22:48:32

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 10:42, Matej Cepl wrote:
> obvious dups (#46136 with #68277,

these aren't dupes; the titles may look like it but they are asking for
different things in the actual report. perhaps clearer titles would be
better.

> #45067 with #54965

these two are dupes...

> or #62541 with #41926

these are slightly different... 62541 asks for no wrapping, 41926 asks for
wrapping to window width.

> ones (#52312, #54122  with #4202),

yes, the first two are dupes of that latter one...

> some which should be IMHO
> killed as featuritis (#50278, #32338, #56593, what the hell is
> #58626?, #65925 is probably better served by #4202, but this
> questionable -- it is a "functional duplicate" :-), some which

i agree, but it's up to the core kmail devs, really...

> are probably obsolete (#57983, #59481),

i'm not sure if either of these really are... 57983 is probably a reasonable
request (set the properties of multiple attachments at once), and 59481 is
still valid since the editor features of the composer aren't complete AFAIK..

> and some non-sensical
> (e.g., because being about different application -- #56670,
> #63462 are kmailconv, aren't they?),

yes, kmailcvt.. if you look at the component they are assigned to kmailcvt.
kmailcvt is a component of the kmail product on b.k.o

> some have obviously bad
> name (#62103).

titles are often sub-optimal, it's just a bit of a pain to go through and edit
them all =)

> Now my question is whether I should file comments to each bug or
> to file a messages like this one to this list.

msgs to the list are probably best... if you wish to help with bug triage for
a while, once you get familiar with b.k.o policies and procedures, one of the
devs could also give your b.k.o account further privs so you can make changes
yourself...

i've already marked the obvious dupes that you noted as such...

--
Aaron J. Seigo