List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Disapearing folders
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-11-13 23:37:53

On Thursday 13 November 2003 21:38, Charles Howse wrote:
> I'm running FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE-p13, KDE 3.1.4, KMail 1.5.4.
> I had 2 custom folders "FreeBSD" and "Saved" that have disapeared
> from the KMail folder window.

When did they disappear?

> They still exist in ~/Mail, along with the assorted index files.
>
> I've referred to the help, and added "folders=/root/Mail" to the
> General section of /root/.kde/share/config/kmailrc - no joy.

Ouch. You are running KDE as root? This shouldn't be the reason for your
problem but I strongly suggest to run KDE as a normal user.

> How can I recover these folders and the messages they contain?

Normally KMail will automatically show all folders that it finds in
~/Mail. I have no idea why it shouldn't work for you. Try if removing
your kmailrc (make a backup!) and/or the index files helps.

Regards,
Ingo