List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: Asynchronous filtering
From:       Zack Rusin <zack () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-10-31 3:24:09

On Tuesday 28 October 2003 04:37, Marc Mutz wrote:
> And to make the round complete: We use OpenSSL, which is
> GPL-incompatible. In a way, that makes us (as in KDE) violate the
> GPL, with the result that if anyone starts enforcing the GPL terms on
> us, we may lose the right to use the GPL. Now, there is gnutls, which
> is even LGPL. Let's wait to see if the KSSL guys accept a KDE4 w/o
> openssl? I bet they won't.

That's a false statement and I bet George wouldn't appreciate it. If
gnutls would be nowhere near complete George would be  the first one to
jump on it. You can be sure of that. We use OpenSSL only because we
don't have other options right now.

Zack

--
Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.