List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: Asynchronous filtering
From:       Marc Mutz <mutz () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-10-27 21:27:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 27 October 2003 21:58, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
<snip>
> Anyway, so far KMail used a mace (a blocking KProcess call) for
> peeling oranges. It worked but it really sucked. If it would have had
> a sharp knife nobody would have complained.
<snip>

Ever heard of the principle of minimal complexity? Pipe through was
basically designed with sed in mind, not a 30M+ perl script. For the
first one, it works fine. For the second, it doesn't (although all
threading and async KProcess won't help me with my load scenario unless
someone for whom this is trivial adds KMFolder::append() since for me,
it isn't.). Requirements change over time. That's why software is
called _soft_ware.

And yes, I heard your call for a patch.

Marc

--
If you read this Mail while moving in traffic, you could hit
lantern stakes or end up knocked over by trucks.