List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    KDE task orientation -> Konqueror-KMail integration / Folder
From:       Krisztian Mark Szentes <mark () szentes ! org>
Date:       2003-10-23 13:06:56

hi

as to the task orientation discussed on this list, I would love to have not
only e-mail (bodies) within KMail folders but also documents.

A usual project has several e-mails and other documents (e.g. text or
spreadsheets) attached to it. Currently, I organise the documents in
Konqueror folders (which are filesystem directories as we all know) and
the e-mails in KMail folders. Additionally, I save the e-mails in the
Konqueror folders as well, so I can search for them more easily and have
all data at a single glance. Usually, e-mail text gets recognized as
simple text in Konqueror, so when I click on it, I open it in the default
text editor. Even if it gets recognized as e-mail text, I cannot pass any
command line arguments to kmail to open it as e-mail (it just gets set as
e-mail body text as a whole, including all the headers).

So it would be great if I could create folders in KMail and associate them
with filesystem directories, and open(/store) files from (into) them
within KMail. [I can choose the maildir format and store there documents
but they do not get displayed and I cannot arbitrarily set the maildir
location]. Konqueror, on the other hand, should open e-mails right in
KMail. This needs decent MIME magic and new KMail command line options.

Perhaps you have a better idea about how to integrate e-mails with other
documents for a unified handling of project data.

Salut

Mark

P.S. Are binary attachments (screenshots) welcome on this list?