List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: custom header view
From:       Marc Mutz <mutz () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-30 22:46:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 30 August 2003 01:28, Klas Kalass wrote:
> I made a patch to make the visible header fields in the reader
> configurable. The patch is attached and screenshots can be found at
> http://www.kalass.de/kmail/index.html
<snip>
> I hope that my patch gets accepted and if it does, I will fix any
> issues with it, should there be any.
<snip>

Can you post a patch against current HEAD? This one doesn't apply
anymore. The only thing that caught my eye while trying to merge the
rejected hunks was that the const KURLs in KMReaderWin should rather be
file-statics (since no-one needs the besides kmreaderwin, they
shouldn't clutter the interface).

My take on "more..." placement and wording is to have a right-aligned
(or left-aligned if you're rtl) "configure..." in the last line (not on
a line by itself) with a "Configure which header fields to show"
tooltip (title attribute on the <a>, IIRC), like this:

| Date: 2003-08-30 01:28           configure... |

Marc

--
The DMCA is unconstitutional, but they don't care. Until it's ruled
unconstitutional, they've won. If they can scare software companies,