List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Re: little reminder on the 3.2 release schedule
From:       Andy Fawcett <andy () athame ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-09-18 6:35:54

[I seem to be missing a whole bunch of context here, so forgive me if I
am stating the obvious...]

On Thursday 18 September 2003 01:35, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> > We could even completely decouple kdepim from the 3.2 release and
> > don't release it with 3.2 at all, but make a separate release later
> > when the features are complete. This wouldn't increase the number
> > of branches. I don't know if that's what people want, though.
>
> Wouldn't this cause problems because of BIC changes in some kdepim
> related kdelibs stuff (kabc? kresources?)? Do the 3.1 kdepim programs
> run with 3.2 kdelibs (without recompiling!)?

I'm more concerned (from a packagers point of view) how people would
react to a KDE 3.2 without kmail.

If you're thinking of releasing 3.1 kdepim with the rest of 3.2, then
there's not going to be one of the primary applications present.

I have a feeling that a whole bunch of packagers would just not bother
with 3.2 at all, if this was the case.

Again, please forgive me if I have missed some vital piece of the thread
here.

Regards,

Andy

--