List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: excessive memory use
From:       JES <yez () home ! nl>
Date:       2003-09-13 8:42:57

On Friday 12 September 2003 00:10 am, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Thursday 11 September 2003 14:29, JES wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Does anyone know how I can find out what part is using so much memory
> > ? I can only see that kmail is using a lot :
> >   PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME CPU
> > COMMAND 8849 edwin     15   0  424M 303M 11200 R     1,1 60,5   0:16
> >  0 kmail
>
> Please check which functions cause the excessive memory usage. To do
> this simply use KMail as you use it every day and have a look at
> KMail's memory usage from time to time.
Sorry I didn't provide some more info...
When I start kmail, it's about 200Mb after 30seconds.
I have built kdelibs, kdebase and kdepim freshly (2days old).
I tried some debugging with ddd, but I have to investigate more. Once the main
window appears, the debugger doesn't react anymore and kmail starts eating.

Edwin