List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Kmail and kvim
From:       Zack Rusin <zack () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-13 2:22:05

On Friday 12 September 2003 17:50, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Friday 12 September 2003 20:28, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> > One of the promised features for 3.2 was embedding kvim into kmail
> > Composer. I have current CVS and see no such thing.
>
> Well, Zack who worked on this unfortunately didn't have the time to
> finish this yet. IIRC he doesn't think that he'll be able to complete
> it for KDE 3.2.

It will be a part of the Komposer framework, which is already in kdepim.
Initially I thought about finishing it during n7y, but I talked to Don
while there and I decided that KMail in 3.2 is going to have such a
massive number of new features that a completely new composer might be
too much. So, currently Komposer is scheduled for after 3.2.

> > Sorry but composer has really limited possibilities to edit text.

You don't have to be sorry, we don't mind. Oh, and I'm still working on
the "fix bugs by reading minds of people who report them" feature so
I'm sure you'll understand that for now I have no clue what you're
talking about.

> > Also using external editor is broken - in opened temporary file
> > there is no quoted text from previous message.

No it's not. (short, not descriptive report -> short, not descriptive
response).

Zack

--
Everyday people are straying away from the church and going back to God.