On Thursday 11 September 2003 23:55, Ingo Klöcker wrote: > Archiving (= moving old messages to another folder) is very similar to > Expiring (= deletion of old messages). Actually, both functions are > exactly the same if one interprets deletion as moving to /dev/null. As I'm working for an archiving company I have to comment that as it's not completely correct. If you really want to archive things you have to write them to a non-changeable media and still should be able to retrieve it. This is what we're doing with e.g. Exchange. You archive the email so that only a reference stays on the server (and on the client) and if you want to read the email later it's retrieved from the archive server. _But_ as this is a big commercial solution I do agree with Ingo here as this is probably the cheap way to go. Carsten -- Carsten Burghardt PGP: http://www.magic-shop.de/Carsten_Burghardt.asc _______________________________________________ KMail Developers mailing list kmail@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmail