List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Frames/setLineWidth
From:       Chris Lee <clee () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-12 16:52:20

Talking with Till on IRC, I complained about the fact that KMail's frames are
nonexistent which makes KMail look very silly with some styles (including but
not limited to my own dotNET widget style).

So, I found the relevant places where it seems that things are not working
right, and I fixed them.

Compare:

http://c133.org/files/kmail-default.png (which is how KMail looks for me here)
http://c133.org/files/kmail-frames.png (which is how I think it should look)

Note that this patch is not tested yet; I achieved the frames in the second
screenshot by using DCOP and the DCOP/Qt bridge to set the lineWidth property
to 1 manually. I can also try to figure out another way to set this - perhaps
using style().pixelMetric with an appropriate pixelMetric() value, such that
(for styles like Keramik that implement the splitter with a frame) the
lineWidth will vary with the style.

Thoughts?

-clee