List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: custom header view
From:       Klas Kalass <klas.kalass () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-09-08 20:27:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Samstag, 6. September 2003 03:22 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> On Friday 05 September 2003 05:28, Klas Kalass wrote:
> > > "go back" is a bit misleading, since one isn't really "going back" =)
> > > if one uses "More headers..." then perhaps "go back" could become
> > > "Fewer headers..." or "Less headers..." or "Collapse headers..."
> >
> > Well, blame Ralf Nolden for that - Originally I had simply "less" and he
> > complained about it, so I changed it to "go back" to make him happy.
> > Personally I don't care, as long as I get reasonably backed arguments I
> > will change it to anything ;-)
>
> were my argument reasonably backed, in your opinion?
I will change it and make screenshots like Ingo suggested - for the timeframe
for that, see below - but maybe this part earlier. I think I prefer Ingo's
suggestion and will use something like "More headers..." and "Show only
selected header fields".

<...>
> it's pretty simply.. just ensure that you've got a DIV or some such
> container element in there with an ID set... then, you can use
> KHTMLPart::document() to get the DOM document, on which you then call
> getElementById("whatevertheidis") and then, after dynamic_casting it to an
> HTMLElement, call setInnerHTML() on it... AFAIK, that's all that is
> necessary.
>
> i know this because when i had experimented with showing the status icons
> in the headers, this was the approach i used, and it worked rather nicely.
Yes, that sounds good. I will give it a try, but that will most likely be next
weekend.