List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: heads up: changing of default shortcut for "Used fix font"
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-04 23:58:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 05 September 2003 01:13, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> unless someone speaks up in the next 48 hours, i'm going to be
> committing a change that removes 'x' as the default accelerator for
> "Used fix font". the new default will be no accelerator. the reason
> for this change is:

Bah. If you think it's really necessary to remove this shortcut then go
ahead.

While we are at it: There are some much more important shortcuts which
should be changed. Proposal (press x for a nice tabular view ;-) ):
Action                New Shortcut       Old Shortcut
Select All Messages   Ctrl+A             k
Select Message Text   Ctrl+Shift+A (?)   Ctrl+A
Move to Trash         Delete             d and Delete

Reasoning:
- Typing "kde" in KMail can cause heart attacks. Several people at Nové
Hrady told me that it has already happened to them (not the heart
attack, but the "deletion" of all messages in the current folder). I
have been convinced that single character shortcuts should not invoke
"destructive" actions. Therefore I propose to remove the binding of 'd'
to "Move to Trash".

- Ctrl+A is the standard shortcut to select all (text in editors, files
in Konqueror). I think that Select All Messages is used more often than
Select Message Text (which is IMO hardly useful because it also selects
the header and all embedded text files). Therefore I propose to use
Ctrl+A for Select All Messages instead of for Select Message Text.

Comments?

Regards,
Ingo