List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    S/MIME
From:       Harald Schmalzbauer <h () schmalzbauer ! de>
Date:       2003-08-23 5:13:48

Dear developers,

thank you very much for your great work.
While trying to get S/MIME working I had to read a lot about Ägypten. Now this
is the most rediculous way to make Kmail s/mime capable.
Why should s/mime be implemented in gpg?
My problem is that gpgsm seems to have many bugs (--import doesn't work (bus
error) also GENKEY doesn't work (general server error))

Why not use openssl like in konquerror and in sIMAP etc?

pgp/mime is working fine, but the steps you have to pass are not beneficial to
convince people using encryption. (On the other hand one can easily use PGP
in traditional way so that's not that horrible)

Kmail is really what GUI users want to have except the missing encryption
capabilities. In my opinion the Ägypten project was good for some companies
but that horrible managed that I can't see any results besides some
gaming/learning effects for a few people and a good money burn rate.

Sorry for that impolite expression of my opinion, but please coordinate any
available develpment power into s/mime implementation.

Best regards,

-Harry

P.S: I'm not subscribed, so please cc directly