List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Some oddities with Cyrus imapd
From:       Bauke Fahner <bfahner () mordor ! nl>
Date:       2003-08-08 8:09:14

On Thursday 07 August 2003 12:01, Carsten Burghardt wrote:
> > 1. Sometimes when I click a message somewhere in my IMAP mail directory,
> > only
> > the header is shown. The actual message is nowhere to be found. Except if
> > open it, in its own window - and not the preview pane.  It tends to get
> > highly annoying when 	you are browsing around to find a certain message.

OK, after reading bug report 60882 I decided to update once more. The
offending files were updated. It looks like it worked. I can see the message
itself again.

I went from courier to cyrus, not so long ago - and I did the tedious  copying
using a mail client. I couldn't find a good program that would read maildir,
and transport it to cyrus' type of maildir.
I am very afraid that I suffered some thing of the kind of bug 40263. The
problem here is however, that I cannot find out which version of Kmail I was
using back then.
I still have the maildir stacked somewhere, I am thinking of trying it again,
but I'm still looking for other ways.

> Did you also update your kioslave (imap4) and your mimelib? If yes, can
> you forward us the message or send us the debug output of kmail (assuming
> that you compiled with --enable-debug=yes)?

I am now compiling all my sources (updated again) with debug symbols. I hope
to tell you people more tomorrow.

> What cyrus version are you using?

I am using SuSE's latest -

# rpm -qa | grep cyrus