List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    filtering messages on arrival
From:       Steve Wray <stevew () catalyst ! net ! nz>
Date:       2003-08-01 3:23:45

Hi all,
I've just changed over to using kmail and have set up
a bunch of filters (not download filters).

Problem is that they do not apply to incoming messages
without user intervention.

If I uncheck the 'on manual filtering' box, the messages don't filter at all,
not automatically and not manually.

As it is, I have to select the messages and press ctrl-J to get them
filtered.

Is this how kmail is intended to operate?

I'd like to have the incoming messages find their way into their
folders without me having to do anything (except define the
filters). I get a LOT of mail... mostly informative sysadmin
stuff that needs to be farmed out to their respective folders,
preferrably marked as unread.

Thanks!