List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Reduce MIME tree viewer layout options
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-07-29 23:34:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 23:36, Martin Koller wrote:
> I know my reply is a littel bit late - but I'm using the layout where
> I have the mime-tree below the folder list - and I like it.
> It does not need much space, and therefore the space is saved for the
> mail content.
> And I always see immediately if a mail has an attachment, even on
> long emails where otherwise the attachments would be at the bottom of
> the mail.

We will hopefully get an attachment icon in the header list. Then you
won't have to look at the mime-tree to see whether a message has an
attachment.

> But I have a general comment about the mime-tree view:
> Who really needs to have the details of the structure of all the
> attachments in a mail?
> Wouldn't it be enough to simply show the attachments in a list rather
> than in a tree structure ?

I have to agree with this. We should really have a simple mtv mode (all
attachments in a linear list) and make the verbose tree view optional.
The normal user is only unnecessarily confused by the tree view resp.
is shown details he doesn't want to be bothered with.

Regards,
Ingo