List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Newlines in mimelib Assembling
From:       "Carsten Burghardt" <cb () magic-shop ! de>
Date:       2003-07-11 11:23:31

Hija,

I´m currently struggling with mimelib. DwEntity->Assemble() and
DwBody->Assemble() both add newlines (DW_EOL) to the generated string.
Unfortunately this breaks the signature if you build the message part by
part like my load-attachments-on-demand thingy does.
The problem is probably that the "classic" way to construct messages (imap
and local) is to build it topdown from one big string and to parse this
into parts. If you assemble this again it might be necessary to add some
newlines again. But I retrieve the already parsed parts from the imap
server (bottomup) so the extra newlines break things if I assemble the
message again. I need to assemble it again because otherwise
part->AsString() is not complete and that is needed for the
signature-check. My question is: do we really need these newlines?
I wonder if this might be a parsing bug as it doesn´t seem correct to add
newlines between parts if you have correctly parsed them.

Regards,

Carsten

--
Carsten Burghardt