List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch for X-Mailer/User-Agent support in Fancy headerstyle
From:       Marc Mutz <mutz () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-06-10 19:13:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 04 June 2003 23:54, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
<snip>
> IIRC up until KDE 3.1 it wasn't possible to tell khtml which style
> sheet it should use. Marc should be able to give you more precise
> information because it was him who looked at that several moons ago.
<snip>

The problem was that khtml didn't accept a setUserStyleSheet() when no
document was present and that a stylesheet loaded via the <link> tag
wasn't checked for changes.

I don't think we should go for xml+css yet. It certainly has appeal, but
I don't see how inline content (think image/*, text/html) can be
processed in this framework.

I'm all for moving all physical markup to use CSS, though, and will add
that as during the html formatting rework that's underway (see my resp.
wishlist item on bugs.kde.org ;-)

Marc

--
The illegal we do immediately.
The unconstitutional takes a bit longer.            -- Henry Kissinger