List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: problems with using kmail
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-04-27 16:16:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 26 April 2003 23:57, Nirmal Govind wrote:
> > It will be fixed in KMail 1.5.2 if it's not already fixed in KMail
> > 1.5.1 (I don't know when the problem was fixed). KMail will reply
> > to the
>
> I have 1.5.1 but it hasn't been fixed in this.. I've turned HTML
> rendering on using the "Prefer HTML to plain Text" option.
>
> How do I get the cvs version of kmail? I checked out the kmail
> website and it looks like I have to download the entire kde cvs?? It
> would be nice if there was a snapshot for kmail alone that could be
> compiled separately..

You don't have to download the entire kde cvs. All you have to do is
checkout a few directories of the kdenetwork package. Furthermore you
need to install the development packages of kdelibs and of Qt.
At the following location you can find a mini-howto "How to compile the
latest stable KMail version from CVS":
  http://www.matha.rwth-aachen.de/~ingo/kmail/

Depending on your distribution you will have to specify the correct
installation prefix (with the --prefix option of configure) so that the
self-compiled kmail is installed over the precompiled kmail.

Regards,
Ingo