List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Integrating Bayesian filters into KMail?
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-03-30 12:26:52

On Saturday 29 March 2003 20:40, Auke Jilderda wrote:
> Now I'm not an expert in those Bayesian filters but AFAICS, the real
> added value would be if a mail client like KMail could provide two
> buttons in the toolbar: a button to undo a prior registration of a
> message as spam (hence, remove it from the spam word list and add it
> to the non-spam word list) and a button for vice-versa.  Did you
> figure out a way to do this?

In the development version it's possible to apply single filter actions
to selected messages (via the menu). As those are simple actions it's
possible to add an arbitrary shortcut to those actions. Furthermore
it's possible to add them to the toolbar (without icon, but IIRC it
will be possible to add an arbitrary icon to toolbar buttons in KDE
3.2).

All this means that in KDE 3.2 what you want will be possible. All you
have to do is to define two filter actions (pipe through program) for
the desired functionality.

A nice new feature would be the possibility to add filters to KMail via
the commandline or via dcop. This would make it possible to provide
sample filters for download which would be automatically added to
KMail's filter list if one clicks on them in Konqueror. Furthermore we
could add some sample filters to KMail which would be disabled by
default, but which could be easily enabled.

Regards,
Ingo