List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: [kde-linux] Kmail and gpg plugin
From:       Martin Fahrendorf <fahrendorf () helix-gmbh ! net>
Date:       2003-03-20 7:04:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

Am Donnerstag, 20. März 2003 01:25 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> On Wednesday 19 March 2003 07:21, Martin Fahrendorf wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 19. März 2003 00:44 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> >
> > > That's very strange since I can't reproduce this. Neither with
> > > exactly the same version of KMail nor with the current development
> > > version of KMail. Which version of gpgme and cryptplug are you
> > > using?
> > >
> > > Since the same code is used in both cases (for the preview and for
> > > the separate window) I have currently no idea what could cause this
> > > problem.
> >
> > I have installed
> > cryptplug 0.3.15
> > gpgme 0.3.14
>
> Same here. So this doesn't cause the problem. Martin, did you compile
> KMail yourself? If you didn't disable debug information then please
> start kmail from Konsole and send us the debug messages you get when
> you view a signed message in the preview and when you view a signed
> message in the separate window.
>
> Regards,
> Ingo

There is another strange thing. If I copy a signed mail from my imap account
to a other folder outside the imap, the signature is invalid. Inside the imap
system the signature keeps valid. Is it a sideeffect of imap?

OK, I enabled the debuging. attached the output of three cases of the same
(copied) mail.

kmail-sigok is the direkt preview. kmail-sigfail-ownwin is the view after a
double klick on the mail (own window). kmail-sigfail-aftercopy is the mail
after copying it to my local mdir folder.

Martin
H E L I X Gesellschaft für Software & Engineering mbH
Hanauer Landstrasse 52              Telefon (069) 4789 35-30
60314 Frankfurt am Main             Telefax (069) 4789 35-44
http://www.helix-gmbh.net                info@helix-gmbh.net

["kmail-sigfail-aftercopy.txt" (text/plain)]

kmail: set Msg, force = false
*** SIGPIPE *** (ignored, pid = 5778)
kmail: (141105143, last 0) Test Martin Fahrendorf
kmail: set Msg, force = false
kmail: end 31657[virtual void KMHeaders::setFolder(KMFolder*, bool)]
kmail:
#######
#######
#######  parseMsg(KMMessage* aMsg == aMsg, bool onlyProcessHeaders == false
#######
#######
kmail:
     ----->  First body part *was* found, filling the Mime Part Tree
kmail:
        partNode::partNode()      explicitType == DwMime::kTypeUnknown
kmail:
kmail:
        partNode::partNode()      explicitType == DwMime::kTypeUnknown
kmail:
kmail:       Inserting one item into MimePartTree
kmail:                 Content-Type: multipart/signed
kmail:       Inserting one item into MimePartTree
kmail:                 Content-Type: application/pgp-signature
kmail:       Inserting one item into MimePartTree
kmail:                 Content-Type: text/plain
kmail: KMMessage::emailAddrAsAnchor('Martin Fahrendorf <fahrendorf@helix-gmbh.net>') \
                returns:
--><a href="mailto:Martin%20Fahrendorf%20%3Cfahrendorf%40helix-gmbh.net%3E">Martin \
                Fahrendorf &lt;fahrendorf@helix-gmbh.net&gt;</a><--
kmail: KMMessage::emailAddrAsAnchor('fahrendorf@helix-gmbh.net') returns:
--><a href="mailto:fahrendorf%40helix-gmbh.net">fahrendorf@helix-gmbh.net</a><--
kmail:
**
** KMReaderWin::parseObjectTree( node OK, showOneMimePart: FALSE ) **
**
kmail: * multipart *
kmail: signed
kmail:        signed has children
kmail:        OpenPGP signature found
kmail:        signed has data + signature
kmail:
KMReaderWin::writeOpaqueOrMultipartSignedData: processing Multipart Signed data
kmail:
KMReaderWin::writeOpaqueOrMultipartSignedData: going to call CRYPTPLUG \
                /usr/local/lib/cryptplug/gpgme-openpgp.so
kmail: Converting LF to CRLF (see RfC 2633, 3.1.1 Canonicalization)
kmail:                                                        done.
gpgmeplug checkMessageSignature status flags: 4
gpgmeplug checkMessageSignature found email: fahrendorf@helix-gmbh.net
kmail:
KMReaderWin::writeOpaqueOrMultipartSignedData: returned from CRYPTPLUG
kmail:
KMReaderWin::writeOpaqueOrMultipartSignedData: found extended sigMeta info
kmail:
  key id: 046D7DF1C9DAC8A4
  key trust: 5
  signer: <fahrendorf@helix-gmbh.net>
kmail: KMMessage::emailAddrAsAnchor('<fahrendorf@helix-gmbh.net>') returns:
--><a href="mailto:%3Cfahrendorf%40helix-gmbh.net%3E">fahrendorf@helix-gmbh.net</a><--
 kmail:
**
** KMReaderWin::parseObjectTree( node OK, showOneMimePart: FALSE ) **
**
kmail: * text *
kmail: plain
kmail: default
kmail:
**
** KMReaderWin::parseObjectTree( node OK, showOneMimePart: FALSE ) **
**
kmail:
KMReaderWin::writeOpaqueOrMultipartSignedData: done, returning FALSE
kmail:

  KMMsgEncryptionState: 78
kmail:

  KMMsgEncryptionState: 78
kmail:

  KMMsgEncryptionState: 78
kmail:

  KMMsgSignatureState: 70
kmail: KMReaderWin  -  finished parsing and displaying of message.

["kmail-sigfail-ownwin.txt" (text/plain)]

kparts: deleting widget [KHTMLView pointer (0x83c3ce8) to widget khtml, \
geometry=539x600+11+0] khtml

[mfahr@gaia mfahr]$
[mfahr@gaia mfahr]$ kmail: KMAIL_DEBUG_READER_CRYPTO = FALSE
kmail: set Msg, force = true
kmail: (0, last 0) Test Martin Fahrendorf
kmail: set Msg, force = true
kmail:
#######
#######
[...]

kmail: ***setEncryptionState1( 78 )
kmail: ***setSignatureState1( 70 )
kmail: KMReaderWin  -  finished parsing and displaying of message.

["kmail-sigok.txt" (text/plain)]

kmail: set Msg, force = false
*** SIGPIPE *** (ignored, pid = 5778)
kmail: Whoa: x 9, sorted_count 8, discovered_count 0, count 9
kmail: set Msg, force = false
kmail: enable progress
kmail: end 20476[virtual void KMHeaders::setFolder(KMFolder*, bool)]
kmail: checking mail, server busy
kmail: processNextCheck
kmail: processing next mail check, server busy
kmail: KMFolderImap::checkValidity
kmail: (141105142, last 0) Test Martin Fahrendorf
kmail: set Msg, force = true
kmail:
#######
#######
[...]
gpgmeplug checkMessageSignature status flags: 3
[...]

kmail: KMFolderImap::slotCheckValidityResult
kmail: processNextCheck
kmail: checked mail, server ready