List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: IMAP Subfolder
From:       Johannes Wilm <johannes () rv ! no>
Date:       2003-03-03 16:12:31

>On Saturday 01 March 2003 10:10, Johannes Wilm wrote:
>> Well but the disconnected version still doesn't support such simple
>> things as "prefix" (where your mail is stored in a subfolder on the
>> server), whereas it does in the normal imap mode. I hav had kmail
>> eating my mail several times (but had backup at hand) over the last two
>> weeks while trying to get it to work with my prefix.

>Yes, I saw this bug report. But I have had no time at all to look at it
>so far :-(

>One big help you could give me is to tell me how to try it myself. I have
>an IMAP account that isn't in a prefix. Can I just try setting the prefix
>to /INBOX/?

hmm... no I don't think that is the same thing. The Inbox is where it
always is. it is a question of where all the other folders are. On my
server i have a home-dir (/home/jwilm :-) ) Now in that dir, squirelmail
has placed a folder called "mail". It has then created all folders (except
inbox) within that folder. Now the disconnected imap _does_ work when i
specify a single folder (fx prefix= mail/Trash) but it does then only use
that one single folder. When I just specify "mail", as I do in online
IMAP, it seems to both try opening all the folders within "mail"
_and_ a folder "mail" within "mail" (it doesn't work when i put a folder
named /home/johannes/mail/mail though either). After displaying an
error-message, it usually simply crashes.