List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: IMAP subfolder
From:       Didier Poirot <Didier.Poirot () Jaluna ! COM>
Date:       2003-02-28 20:37:11

Bo Thorsen wrote:

>On Friday 28 February 2003 18:01, Didier Poirot wrote:
>

>> Hello Marc,
>>
>> I tried to use the kmail client from kroupware. I built it using the
>>stable version of kde 3.1 (also built from sources). No problem to
>>build. I installed it (erasing the kde3.1 kmail version as It installs
>>in the same directory as the kde 3.1).
>>
>> Before starting thr kroupware kmail client, I follow your
>>recommendation and unconfigure my IMAP account.
>>
>> When I start the kroupware kmail, the wizard came up to configure an
>>account. fine ! Then, later I got a crash :-( :-(.
>>
>> I have attached the backtrace.
>>
>> Now, I have moved back to std kde3.1 kmail :-(
>>
>> Any idea  is welcomed.
>>

>I'm not particularly surprised. My wizard have not been tested enough. The
>only way I think that wizard is stable is when you don't have any kmail
>setup and you connect to a Kolab server.

I see. This is not my configuration. I have a kmail configuration and I
don't use the Kolab server.

>I will be travelling for the next week, so I won't might not be able to
>look at this specific problem just now. However, I will soon enable the
>wizard to be run later after the initial configuration, and by then I
>will make sure it works better.

Thanks. Let me know if you need a beta tester.

>The way to avoid this is to simply cancel the wizard. From the past mails
>from you, it sounded to me like you won't be needing the groupware stuff
>anyway.
>
>Bo.

 Thanks for the info. I am not so sure I don't need the kroupware stuff.
I am still looking a solution to create IMAP folder which can contain
sub-folders. The kde3.1 kmail does not know how to achieve this. My
currrent solution is to use Mozilla/Netscape to create such "parent"
folders, then switch back to kmail to create child folders.

 --

          /     /               Didier Poirot
       __/ o __/ o _  __        Sales Engineer,

                                6 avenue Gustave Eiffel
                                F-78180, St-Quentin-en-Yvelines

E-mail: Didier.Poirot@Jaluna.COM
Phone:  +33 (0)1 39 44 74 11    Mobile: 06.86.05.32.26
Fax:    +33 (0)1 30 57 00 66