List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: proposal for threading improvements
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-02-25 11:33:28

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 05:09, Till Adam wrote:
> On Monday 24 February 2003 04:25, Don Sanders wrote:
> > On Monday 24 February 2003 03:18, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > > On Sunday 23 February 2003 14:32, Till Adam wrote:
> > >
> > > Instead of storing the In-reply-to string we only store an MD5
> > > hash of this in the index (and we thread messages according to
> > > this hash value). You should do the same for the References. As
> > > you propose below it should be enough to store only the last
> > > two entries in the References header. Therefore I propose to
> > > only add the last but one References entry (as MD5 hash) to the
> > > index. (The last entry resp. the In-reply-to header, which both
> > > should be identical, is already there.)
>
> Patch attached. I've tested mboxes and implemented, but not tested,
> maildir folders. Can someone confirm that works as well, please?

Wow that was fast. I've only read the patch haven't tested it yet but
it looks good.

A few comments.

-#define INDEX_VERSION 1506
+#define INDEX_VERSION 1507

I should have mentioned that it should be possible to keep the version
number. It is possible to add new fields without changing the file
format now.

But I think this will require the renumbering changes in the
kmmsgbase.h part of the diff to be dropped.

Don.