List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: proposal for threading improvements
From:       Carsten Burghardt <cb () magic-shop ! de>
Date:       2003-02-25 10:26:07

On Sunday 23 February 2003 18:18, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > How about imap,
> > what would you consider a half way clean approach to this?
>
> IIRC (it was mentioned a while ago by someone) one can fetch single
> headers from the IMAP server. So the clean approach would be to fetch
> the ENVELOPE and the References header from the IMAP server. Carsten
> (or someone else who knows more about IMAP than me) can probably give
> you a better answer.

That's probably the way to go. So you need to extend the fetch and also get
the references header.
uid fetch <uid> (uid envelope rfc822.size internaldate flags
BODY[HEADER.FIELDS (REFERENCES)])
Is it allowed to have more than one reference?

--
Dipl.-Inf. Carsten Burghardt
PGP: http://www.magic-shop.de/Carsten_Burghardt.asc