List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: bugs in the application?
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-02-23 12:48:16

> Am Samstag, 22. Februar 2003 23:27 schrieb Thomas Astleitner:
> > hi there, here are two things i realized using kmail with my
> > mailinglists.
> >
> > first, i created a folder tree with some sub folders. additionally
> > i gave them some symbols i set up in the preferences dialogue. then
> > i activated the mailinglist in this preferences dialogue and
> > entered the email adress for the list. when i now shut down and
> > restart the application, the mailinglist-entry is deactivated and
> > there's no email adress in the line. so the settings were lost.

Works here (with KMail 1.5).

> > the second, when i restart the application, some of these folder
> > trees are expanded to the last folder and some are closed so i only
> > can see the first folder. so, when i close all folders to the first
> > one (so i can't see the sub folders, only the first) and restart
> > the application, i'll get the same. so some folders are expanded to
> > the last dir and some are not. so that's not very funny to close
> > all these folders because i generally use really a lot of folders
> > and sub folders...

KMail remembers which folder trees were expanded and which were
collapsed. I just verified that it works here.

On Saturday 22 February 2003 23:33, Thomas Astleitner wrote:
> ah yeah, there's another thing i realized.
>
> when i enter a folder with emails in there, i wanna sort them
> ascending by date. i'm telling this to the program by klicking on the
> date-tab. but when i'm restarting the application, everything is like
> before, so i can try to sort it as many times as i want, the
> application wont remember this setting.

Not surprisingly this also works here.

> any idea?

Yes. It's very likely that KMail can't save its configuration file. You
should check that you have write permission for
~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc.

Regards,
Ingo