List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: How to stop a maintainer from destroying KMail?
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-01-19 9:27:43

On Sunday 19 January 2003 04:22, Carsten Burghardt wrote:
> Am Samstag, 18. Januar 2003 17:28 schrieb Don Sanders:
> > >
> > > What does that mean exactly? Did you check my committs?
> >
> > Before Dec 1 I double checked that all commits in HEAD were
> > merged into make_it_cool. But that was over a month ago.
> >
> > IIRC my main concerns were:
> > 1) Messages in IMAP folders scrolling to the top when new mail
> > arrives (which seems to be fixed in HEAD and make_it_cool).
>
> My fix is in HEAD but doesn't fix it anymore ;-)

Hmm, when did you last check? I did spend quite some time trying to
reproduce this bug yesterday. I couldn't reproduce it so I'm hoping
it is still fixed.

Here's how I tried to reproduce the bug, set the check interval on the
IMAP account to one minute. Open the IMAP inbox for that account.
Send a mail to the email address for that account. Scroll the current
message to the bottom and wait for the new mail to arrive.

> > 2) The 'fix threading in undo' part of your Oct 12 commit with
> > the log message.
> >
> > CVS commit by burghard:
> >
> > Fix multiple undos, fix threading after undo, make undo a
> > KMMoveCommand, make the undostack a QObject and make it emit
> > signals on changes. Correct the default sizes of kmmainwin.
> > Reviewed by Ingo.

> >---------- M  +7 -2     1.11 1.12    kmcommands.cpp
> >  M  +8 -1     1.231 1.232  kmfolder.cpp
> >  M  +2 -1     1.35 1.36    kmfoldermaildir.cpp
> >  M  +2 -1     1.38 1.39    kmfoldermbox.cpp
> >  M  +1 -1     1.204 1.205  kmfoldertree.cpp
> >  M  +15 -6    1.457 1.458  kmheaders.cpp
> >  M  +47 -51   1.535 1.536  kmmainwin.cpp
> >  M  +1 -0     1.37 1.38    kmmsginfo.cpp
> >  M  +6 -1     1.5 1.6      kmundostack.cpp
> >  M  +7 -1     1.7 1.8      kmundostack.h
> >
> > IIRC the fix threading after undo part of this change was not
> > merged into make_it_cool, but I also couldn't reproduce the
> > problem I expected it to fix.
>
> OK, I'll check that.

Thanks.

> > I also just did some testing of IMAP and I see that currently
> > moving messages from a local folder to an IMAP folder is broken
> > in HEAD and make_it_cool. (Specifically when I copy a message
> > from an IMAP folder to the trash and then back to the IMAP folder
> > KMail crashes)
> >
> > This bug has been introduced after the make_it_cool merge, but if
> > there are no outstanding bugs introduced by the make_it_cool
> > branch and no one else is interested in looking into to it I can
> > track down what change introduced this problem.

Don.