List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Kmail addressbook
From:       Marc Mutz <mutz () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-01-14 18:37:18

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 19:44, Ray Edester wrote:
<snip>
> I recently installed Mandrake 9.0 and find that I am unable to select
> the "Traditional Kmail Addressbook" under settings, appearance,
> addressbook.
<snip>

The various addressbook implementations have been unified in
KAddressBook (application) and KABC (backend library). Support for the
home-brewn KMail addressbook has been discontinued when KAddressBook
learned to manage distribution lists.

> This is a killer AFAIC as I don't need a bloated thing like that for
> a simple eMail address.

It's not bloated since it's shared code. In fact, KMail's traditional
address book was more bloat b/c it duplicated functionality and was
only available to KMail itself. So in a sense, KMail has become more
clean and mean and less bloated by that removal. ;-)

Marc

--
[Norton SystemWorks 2002] Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe
files. This provides more security than wiping with decimal values.