List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: kdenetwork/kmail
From:       Bernhard Reiter <bernhard () intevation ! de>
Date:       2003-01-14 18:26:54

On Friday 10 January 2003 15:49, Don Sanders wrote:
> On Friday 10 January 2003 21:55, Marc Mutz wrote:

> > KMail was anything but fading into insignificance. It attracted
> > development from outside. It was awarded the highest marks for
> > stablility and security. True, it wasn't awarded the highest marks
> > for number of features, but then, stability and security are more
> > important to many people than features, esp. if the application
> > does everything they need.
>
> It had stagnated. This had been commented on by several developers.
> Please accept this fact.

From my observation (as a non KMail developer) that is not a fact.
It might be a debateble hypothetis, but far away from a fact or a commonly
accepted truth. For me this is an important difference.
Because the conclusions to be drawn out of the result of such an analysis
would be far reaching.

> > The observation is more that you, while calling yourself the
> > (co)maintainer of KMail,
>
> I am a maintainer of KMail, please accept this fact.

AFAIK Ingo agreed that you share maintainership.
I'm a bit taken aback by the wording you've choosen to
presenting the result of your struggle to become a KMail maintainer.
I don't know in detail how KMail maintainership is assigned,
but there were certainly times when you weren't KMail maintainer
and there will be times when you have to hand this title to somebody else again.
Again I don't how this mechanism works for KDE projects and KMail in particular,
but still your KMail-(Co)Maintainership is not an eternal fact.