List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: IMAP todo list
From:       "Carsten Burghardt" <cb () magic-shop ! de>
Date:       2003-01-09 9:48:35

Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Thursday 09 January 2003 03:37, Carsten Burghardt wrote:
>> Hi all,
>
> Hi Carsten,
>
>> I made a small list of (IMO) important todos for the
>> imap-suppport of kmail and I would like to know if there is
>> anybody willing to contribute. This list is not ordered (yet).
> <snip>
>> - improve the performance of the kioslave (e.g. get rid of the
>> unnecessary LIST of parseURL)
>
> Where do I sign? :)

Depends on how expensive you are ;-)
The current parseURL uses a LIST for each and every request to get
the type of the box(folder). This can be improved because kmail
already knows the type and can tell the kioslave.

>> - improve the handling of attachments by loading on demand
>> (probably my next task)
>
> I've been thinking about that one too. Would love to colaborate
> with you  :)

Deal.
But first I need to improve my subscription dialog a bit (const
references for the signals).

> <snip>
>> - client-side filtering (?)
>
> Don was telling me he wants to do that.