List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Partial merge of kroupware into HEAD
From:       Marc Mutz <mutz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-28 13:47:49

On Thursday 28 November 2002 10:37, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > On Thursday 28 November 2002 08:33, Marc Mutz wrote:
> > > Thus, we plan to open a new branch port_kroupware_to_kaplan (or
> > > so) and do the port there using the make_it_cool code, so we can
> > > keep kroupware_branch for bugfixing and as possible end product
> > > to be shipped to the BSI in the likely case that we don't get
> > > kroupware/kaplan stable in time.
> > >
> > > In any case, kroupware/kaplan will be what ends up in HEAD.
>
> On that topic: So far make_it_cool is pretty uptodate with the
> changes done in HEAD. I'd like to merge the changes in make_it_cool
> into HEAD real soon now. I and quite some others use the branch
> already, so you don't have to fear big instability. And the kaplan
> change is already done there. If we don't start big changes now we'll
> never get it.
>
> Any arguments against it?
<snip>

There are some changes that I think need more work. Off the top of my
head, Index should be a class of it's own right, not part of the
KMFolder hierarchy. Folders would then use the index as a Strategy with
unindexed folders using a NullIndex object. I see kmindexer being
added. Is that what I describe or is it used as a parser that builds
the index? If the latter, building the index should be done through a
Builder. Has the separate readerwin issue been resolved?

Maybe the people working on make_it_cool can give an overview of changes
that were done there, so we can start merging the ones that are
consensus?

We are currently doing this with kroupware and kdepim (albeit, I admit,
partly via PM).

Marc

--
Ein Grundrecht auf Sicherheit steht bewusst nicht in der Verfassung.
  -- Sabine Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger (ehem. Bundesjustizministerin)