List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Speed limit
From:       Malte Starostik <malte () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-10-30 1:28:20

Hi,

may I ask the person responsible to the latest KMail speedup to please revert
this? It's damn annoying that I'm done with mail reading so much faster now,
I don't know what to do with the time gained :-))
Well, since the latest and greatest build KMail feels a lot faster really, or
is this just my imagination?
Anyway, thank you!

Now for the real request: When I chased problems with Outlook that kept
reporting broken connections, I noticed it opens a new connection for every
single IMAP folder(!) which exceeded the default connection limit of the
server. KMail is far more friendly to the server's resources here, but what
about a compromise: would it be possible to do the mail checking with one
connection and fetching the message the user clicks on with a second one - at
least while a mail check is running? I have a check interval of 1 minute
(server is on the LAN and I'm the only client and want to notice new mail
fast...) but this means the mail checks keep interrupting me trying to read
messages.
-Malte