List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Smart SMTP
From:       "Ed White" <ed () overminder ! com>
Date:       2002-10-24 6:46:58

Hi,

I got this idea:
automagically use the MX SMTP to deliver mail.

What does it means ?

Example:

From: me@myself.com
To:	you@yourself.com

Currently we use local SMTP (localhost sendmail) or ISP SMTP.
The MTA keep your message in its queque and when ready it looks for the MX
record via DNS for the "To" domain.
MX:	1.2.3.4
Now the MTA connects to that SMTP and relay your mails using the same
"commands" that KMail used with it.

We can speedup things and void local SMTP adding the option to connect
_directly_ to the destination SMTP.

Example: