List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Displaying large message takes loooong
From:       Marc Mutz <mutz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-10-11 18:26:51

On Friday 11 October 2002 17:45, Martin Koller wrote:
<snip>
> is this a known issue, that if I select a message, which is about
> 850KB in size (it has 2 attachments, one with 639KB, one with 209KB),
> kmail processes for about 60 seconds before responding and
> displaying?

How many body parts does the message have? three? How big is the test
part? What type are the other body parts?

> (Is that what Don enhanced with his zero copy patch in make_it_cool
> ?)

No.

> #1  0x40f5ca5f in QString::remove () at eval.c:41
<snip>
> #6  0x0814ec07 in KMMessagePart::bodyDecoded (this=0x86974c0) at
> /usr/lib/qt3-gcc2.96/include/qcstring.h:240
<snip>

This BT is fscked up. bodyDecoded is _certainly_ not in Qt ;-)

Yes, this replace call is a serious performance killer. We should get
rid of it again. This requires changes to the KMime::Codec's: They need
to know whether they work on text or (binary) data. In the first case,
they need to convert to/from CRLF canonical form, in the latter they
shouldn't.

Hmm, I'll see what I can do for 3.1.0. Else it's stuff for 3.1.1.

Can you please file a bug for component "mime" and assign it to me?
Thanks.

Marc

--
"You're hackers, aren't you," the barman said, eyeing us. No one said
a thing. The darkness of the Eurotunnel rolled by. Apparently we'd