List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Merging.
From:       Zack Rusin <zack () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-23 20:36:04

On Monday 23 September 2002 16:19, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> On Monday 23 September 2002 02:01, Zack Rusin wrote:
> > o changes between HEAD and make_it_cool
> >     would never work. I _need_ _all_ the help I can get in here.
> > This is really taking a lot of my coding time and is hardly any
> > fun. So please, oh please help me.
>
> i don't mind helping out, but we'll need to coordinate somehow ...
>
> when you do a merge session, are you going through all the kmail HEAD
> cvs commit log emails, or doing a cvs log, or?

Well, I watch commit logs daily so I have a fairly good idea of what
I'll be merging. I usally work with every commit by itself, so for
example to merge last Carsten's commit I'd do:
cvs diff -r 1.105 -r 1.106 > cb.diff
then open it in emacs (you may use other editor but it's strongly
discouraged ;) ), try to figure out what it does. Open the files the
patch changes from make_it_cool, see if it still applies. Check if the
offests are very messed up, if not use patch to merge, otherwise port
by hand. Compile, test if more less everything works - commit.

Zack

--
Eat right, exercise, die anyway.