List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Last attempt at reconciliation
From:       Marc Mutz <mutz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-19 8:19:40

On Thursday 19 September 2002 00:00, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
<snip>
> why? "nice, usable" and "powerful"  are not mutually exclusive when
> it comes to describing an interface.

Of course not. I was thinking of using the MIME tree viewer widget's
appearance in the composer, too. Together with a RMB menu that included
items like "new multipart->{Alternatives, Parallel, Mixed,...}", etc.

What do you think?

> the only reasons i'd have
> concerns over allowing greater control over the MIME tree in the
> composer window is if it was implemeted in a way that:
>
>   o forced all users to understand MIME tree navigation to compose
> messages (e.g. there wasn't a "just write an email" mode)

Does a MIME tree viewer like the one in the reader winddow that comes up
{always,smart} force all users to understand MIME tree navigation? The
user would have to _create_ those "exotic" mime parts first...

Marc

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.      -- Benjamin Franklin