On Tuesday 17 September 2002 19:52, Ingo Kl=F6cker wrote: > > - we have two approaches to integrate KMail with kdepim packages. > > kgroupware has one and make_it_cool has one. The big problem I have > > with the kgroupware approach is that it majorly bloats KMail code, > > making it even harder to understand - for people who want to help > > us - and for ourselves. And to be completely honest, even on > > screenshots it looks not too promising. I find Don's and Daniel's > > approach with Kaplan _way_ superior. I think Kaplan and KMail as > > KPart is the way to go. Comments? > > As I already wrote in another message I much prefer the Kaplan > approach over the KOrganizer-in-KMail approach. By the way, Karl-Heinz and co. just refactored almost everything from=20 KMail core to KMGroupware. Great work guys. What is the deadline for=20 the Kroupware KMail? > Also very good. We just didn't want to have the half finished version > of this in KDE 3.1. But for KDE 3.2 this is definitely a great > addition. Great. My main concern was that someone will object to merging=20 make_it_cool into HEAD once the feature freeze is over. > > and zero-copy parsing > > with mimelib - I already talked about the first, Don cleaned up the > > second and fixed things which seemed to bother some people when it > > was in HEAD, has anyone better approaches to the third? I remember > > that one being a major problem, so let's come up with solution we > > all can be happy with. > > zero-copy parsing is good. But please let's get rid of mimelib. Yes, I personally don't like mimelib and see completely no reason to=20 stick with it and hundreds to switch. > > o Daniel wants to refactor a lot of stuff - getting rid of the KM > > prefix, putting classes in the KMail namespace and putting files > > into a more approachable dir structure. Any problems with that? > > Namespacing is good. Getting rid of the KM is also o.k. But I'm not > sure about the dir structure. How should it look like? To be honest, I'm not sure. Personally I thought about=20 =2D ui/ - for all ui files, =2D widgets/ - for all widgets, =2D core/ - for all non-gui related classes, =2D main/ or app/ - for main and kpart stuff Daniel? Zack =2D-=20 =46ailure is not an option. (It comes bundled with Windows.) _______________________________________________ KMail Developers mailing list kmail@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmail